1st Day of Preschool *sniff*  

Wednesday, September 3, 2008



Ralphie is a different sort of child. He has never been away from either one of us for more then a few hours and even those times are *very* few and far between. So today I sent 1 of my babies to High School(she wouldn't let me take her picture) and I sent the other to preschool. I know SWSA will do just fine in high school. She is confident and has a great group of friends. My nerves were for the boy. Ralphie is a great kid with an awesome imagination. Would the teacher understand to pretend to put batteries in him when his ran out? His obsession with robots and acting like a robot who frequently runs out of batteries and needs someone to put some new ones in LOL. Will the teacher "get him"? He has a certain way of doing things and will obsess over something until you address the issue. The whole divert their attention thing I used with my daughter does not work with Ralphie. Will they consider him a problem? Mostly I just want them to see the special little guy that I know. I will pick him up in 1 hour and I cannot wait to hear how his day went!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ 1st Day of Preschool *sniff*

  • Aunt Becky
    September 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

    Aw! Those first days are so hard! I remember Ben's first day well...

    What? I'M NOT CRYING. I have ALLERGIES.

  • Nissa
    September 3, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

    Becky,
    Thanks I am glad I am not the only one! He did fine in the morning because he saw a computer and that's all it takes but when I went to pick him up....Big huge hiccup tears. It tore my heart right out. The teacher said it was because a child he was playing with got in trouble. LOL At least it wasn't him. Considering his sensory issues and having never been away from us, I think he did pretty damn well!