March 2nd  

Monday, February 2, 2009


The surgery date has been set. Risser will be going to the Cleveland Clinic to have a total thyroidectomy. Surgery was postponed supposedly to get the thyroid under control. I think we just happen to have a busy surgeon and he fit us in when he could. This belief was affirmed by a call from the Endocrinologist who said that the thyroid inhibitor should be working at full throttle now and Riss could stop the Inderal. While I am doing cartwheels(ok theorhetical cartwheels), this pisses me off too. If she could go off the Inderal then the thyroid inhibitor is working and she should be stable for surgery. I know this is very slow growing but this puts Riss possibly missing outdoor track season as well. I know this sounds silly but she trained so hard for indoor track and then to miss it bummed her out. She just wants this over with and I cannot say that I blame her. I mean if I had two tumors on my thyroid one of them visible and palpable, I would be ready to get it out too. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers around the 2nd of March. They are all greatly appreciated!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ March 2nd

  • Mira
    February 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

    She looks like a colt, all legs. What a beautiful girl you've got Nissa. I'm thinking about you guys every day.

  • Misty
    February 14, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

    I'm thinking of you guys! I hope it comes quickly! I am here if you need anything or if you need me to ask my sis anything! I hope everything turns out good!! I was going to email Riss but I lost her email address. Could you send it to me? HUGS!! Misty